Friday, April 19, 2013

Napkin Not For A Lunchbox 9


The Kindergarten went on a field trip to the zoo, and Ansel took a commercially printed Ben 10 napkin for lunch, saying that he did not want to throw out a hand drawn one.

Therefore I had a weeknight to return to the hourly comics series: This one is 7:00 am, when I sit on the floor in the corner behind the couch and take a shoddy camera phone image of the day's napkin(s) before it goes into the lunchbox.  I finally got an app for the iphone that does a reasonable job of setting the white balance, but it is still not ideal documentation.  The light situation is quite variable, and in the winter, pretty much limited to a halogen lamp (represented by the tangle of cords in the upper left corner).  And I am pretty much incapable of taking a non blurry image.

While I am doing this, the kids are generally on the other side of the room, laying on the couch in their underwear, resisting the idea of getting dressed and going to school as much as they can.  

(You can see the whole series so far at this link. )



1 comment:

  1. Wow! i just discovered your blog today and i must say i am astounded. You do absolutely beautiful work. Your ideas are brilliant. Wonderful artist, wonderful mother. I would be proud to get those in my lunchbox. Keep up the good work.

    -dobie

    ReplyDelete