Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Voltron Force Characters


Inexplicably, we had missed the previous television iterations of "Voltron Force"- seemingly a mash up of Transformers and Power Rangers.  The kids discovered the recent graphic versions by Brian Smith and Jacob Chabot at MoCCa Fest this year.  I'm pretty sure they don't know about the TV shows yet...and I may allow them to continue to be uninformed for the moment.

Ansel wanted me to draw ALL of the characters and their Transformery/Megazordish Lion things on one napkin.  Ha, ha, ha.

But in all seriousness, this is an interesting problem that clearly comes up frequently in the world of comics .  Often all of the characters in a given story must be displayed at once on a cover.  It seems challenging, if not impossible, to orchestrate a bus load of equally sized superheroes into a compelling composition.  

But I am an unpaid amateur, and clearly the problem was not interesting enough for me to seriously try to solve it last night.  Instead, I passive aggressively posed the Voltron Force like cheery coeds and left the lions out entirely.

And see how I completely avoided having to draw their arms?

No comments:

Post a Comment