Friday, August 16, 2013

Napkin Not For A Lunchbox #14


From the 24 hour series: this is 4:45-5:30 pm.

(I haven't had a chance to work on this series for quite a while, so just to explain what it was about...
I was trying to make a time based journal of our daily schedule on a typical day in February.  The series was loosely drawn from the idea of "Hourly Comics"... although it is taking me months to do the drawings for the one day.

(You can see the whole series so far at this link. )

On a typical school day last year, we would bike into the city after school for my younger son's therapy appointment.  My older son and I would sit in the compact hallway outside the therapy room and bicker about whether he was going to do his homework or not.

Archer looked at the napkin today and said, "I never said you were a bad mom."  He did not, however, debate the general nature of the exchange.  Bear in mind that this is a child who would loudly threaten to call Child Protective Services in crowded subway cars when he was 4 or 5 years old if he thought I was not being cooperative.  This is one of the many reasons that I prefer to move my sons around in a bike.

1 comment: